clipart of nurse holding a clipboardsafe space for all in english and spanish

Your North M.S. Nurse:

Ashton Evans, BSN, RN, NCSN School Nurse

Questions? Try the following ways to get a hold of me during school hours:

Illness Protocol

Please keep your child home if they are sick:

  • Major Symptoms - cough (not caused by chronic condition) & shortness of breath
  • Minor Symptoms - examples: fever, loss of smell/taste, sore throat, nausea, diarrhea, fatigue, etc.

Return to school:

  • Illness Resolves completely in 24 hours (Major or Minor symptoms), student may return to school.
  • If symptoms have been improving/resolved for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications, student may return to school.

Please keep up with routine vaccinations!

  • Students are required by Colorado state law to have a Tdap upon entry into 6th grade.
  • Call ACHD at 303-734-5445, visit your child's provider or call one of the SBHC's below to schedule an appointment.
  • If non compliant with school vaccinations (and you have not communicated your plans to get your student vaccinated with the school nurse), students will not be permitted to attend school after November 1, 2024.

School-Based Health Centers

Please call for an appointment or to ask questions.

Both medical and behavioral health appointments are available. 

  • Crawford Kids Clinic: 303-326-2090
  • Kids Clinic at Laredo: 303-326-1953
  • Trojan Wellness Center (at Aurora Central H.S.): 303-326-1570
  • Olympian Wellness Center (at Gateway H.S.): 303-326-2088

Blank Health Documents for Parents

If applicable, please have completed by your doctor and return to the School Nurse

Community Resources

Physical Health

Nurse Advice Line for MEDICAID Patients (Health First Colorado)

Nurses will answer medical questions, provide care advice, and help determine if you need to see a doctor right away. Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The service is free. English and Spanish.

Phone: 800-283-3221

School-Based Health Centers

Primary care clinics for APS students and their siblings. Accepts patients with Medicaid, CHP+, and no insurance (costs less than $7 per visit).

Trojan Wellness Center 303-326-1570
Crawford Kids Clinic 303-326-2090
Laredo Kids Clinic 303-326-1953
Olympian Wellness Center 303-326-2088


Shots for Tots & Teens
Clinic held the first Saturday of the month at the Martin Luther King Jr. Library from 10am-1pm
9898 E. Colfax Ave, Aurora, CO 80010
Call 303-734-5445 to make an appointment! 

Child Care Assistance

Colorado Child Care Assistance Program

Helps families that are homeless, working, searching for work or in school find low-income child care assistance. Families that are enrolled in the Colorado Works Program can also use CCCAP services.

Mental Health

Colorado Crisis Line

Mental health support that is free, confidential and 24 hours, 7 days a week
Phone: (9844) 493-talk (8255) or Text ‘TALK’ to 38255

Importance of Sleep

Resource on how getting a good night sleep may help improve your child's academic performance and mental health.

Food Only

Food Resource Hotline

Phone- 855-855-4626

150+ languages!

It is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m for anyone in need. (If you are hearing impaired, call Relay Colorado at 7-1-1 or 1-800-659-2656)

Food, Unemployment, Housing or other crisis:


Phone: 211 or (866) 760-6489 or text your zip code to 898211

2-1-1 Colorado streamlines services and provides one central location where people can get connected to the resources they need.

Put in your zip code and this website provides lists of resources in your area for food, housing, goods, transit, health, money, care, education, work, and legal. Very detailed!

Parents: why might you want to get a hold of me?

1. Your child needs to take a medication at school.

  • It is APS policy that a doctor's order with parent signature be on file in the school Health Office before medication can be administered for your child. This includes short- term prescriptions, daily medications and emergency medications.

  • The only thing a child can carry with them in middle school and self-administer without a doctor's order is cough drops.

2. Your child is struggling in class due to a medical disability or recent change to their health.

  • Let me know your concerns! Depending on your child's situation, various accommodations can be made. I would love to help get your child help so that they can succeed in school.

3. You don't have health insurance and are unsure where to take your child for care.

  • I can help connect you to resources! APS has specialists that can help you sign up with Medicaid, if that is relevant to your need. We also have 4 school based health centers (listed at the top of this page) where you can take any child in your family for well visits, sick visits, sports physicals, etc. and are able to write prescriptions. They charge only $0-$7 on a sliding scale. It is best to call before you go.

4. You need a copy of your child's immunization records or are unsure what vaccinations they still need.

Please contact Nurse Ashton at 303-364-7411 x25604 (during school hours)

or [email protected] anytime.